The Respect Life Ministry witnesses by word and action, to the teachings of Jesus Christ about the dignity of each human being from conception to natural death. As a faith community we are called to recognize that every person is created in God’s image and is of inestimable worth. We are therefore challenged to promote and protect the inviolable right to life of all God’s children, especially the most defenseless.
For the parish and the community at large to embrace a “Culture of Life” as promoted by our Holy Father – a culture that recognizes each and every human being as a precious and unrepeatable miracle of God, worthy of love, dignity and protection, and so to equip parishioners to be “apostles on behalf of life.”
- Establish and maintain coordinating committee that provides for leadership succession, and supports the mission, goal and objectives of the ministry.
- Encourage a “Culture of Life” through prayer and sacrifice by providing parishioners various opportunities to pray about “Respect Life” issues as a community.
- Educate and train Catholics through public information to be “apostles” on behalf of life.
- Protect and promote inviolable rights of all persons by directing efforts through legislative, judicial and administrative channels.
- Minister with compassion to those troubled by “life” issues so as to express the Church’s love for them and all God’s people.