Forward the mission of the Church, “to gather people of every race, language and way of life to share in the one eternal banquet”.
Promote racial understanding and create a spirit of welcome and inclusion for racial minorities within our parish and community so as to make God’s church throughout our community a sign of unity and an instrument of His peace.
- Establish committee to provide representation on the commission, leadership succession, and implementation of mission, goal and objectives.
- Learn about what racism is in the 21st Century, and how to acknowledge and eradicate it within ourselves, within parish life, and in the wider community.
- Inform the parish at large on racial and ethnic issues.
- Join in the public debate and strategies of the racial justice division of the Archdiocesan Office for Peace and Justice when moral issues of racism are at stake.
- Provide opportunities for parishioners to take meaningful and effective action on local, city, national and global racial issues.
- Collaborate with other ministries to accomplish the goals of this ministry.