The Ministry of Care visits parishioners who are sick, restricted or confined to home or hospital.
Lend spiritual assistance to the sick, elderly and home bound so they experience in their own setting the mystery of Christ in a threefold way:
- In the person of the minister
- In the words of scripture
- In Holy Communion.
- Establish coordinating committee to provide for representation on the commission, leadership succession, and implementation of mission, goal and objectives.
- Provide ministry training and coordination.
- Foster participation in the work of the ministry.
- Bring Eucharist to the home bound
- Do Communion Services at and visit individual rooms at Manor Care and Alexian Village
- Communion Services at Grove Village Apartments
- Follow up with parishioners after hospitalizations
- Reach out to the elderly and sick with calls, cards, etc.